As expected, Pioneer just refresh his products’ collection with “a giant leap into the future”. Unveiling today the CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2. The result of years of feedback from DJs of every genre, the latest additions deliver the highest possible sound quality, finely tuned features and unprecedented levels of control.
While DJM-900NXS has become the gold standard in club and festival, The new DJM-900NXS2 takes mixing to another level with the first ever 64-bit mixing processor for a more natural, warm and detailed sound. The controls are even more responsive, with a new gain structure, improved EQ and fader curves. The Sound Colour FX section now has a parameter knob for even more nuanced manipulation.The new Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer. 2015 – Credits : Pioneer DJ
“ I played a couple of tracks on the DJM-900NXS2 and I was quite astounded, it sounds like no other Pioneer DJ mixer I’ve heard, going up from 32-bit to 64-bit, the sound is so much more accurate and natural, you can hear it’s much warmer. ” – Andy Kayla, sound engineer at DC10
Pioneer also add an independent Send/Return means DJs no longer have to choose between Beat FX and external FX: they can connect a choice of external FX controllers, including apps on iPad, and layer it on top of the on-board FX. Add to that four phono inputs, DVS support and 2 USB ports for easy connection to PC/Mac – and the DJM-900NXS2 is a crucial tool versatile enough for any professional booth.
NEW FEATURES OF THE DJM-900NXS2
- High quality audio components for a warm, detailed sound
The DJM-900NXS2 has undergone a complete overhaul under the bonnet to deliver clear sound with more depth and colour:
- Improved digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analogue sound.
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-res audio.
- Newly developed power supply: eliminates unwanted noise and delivers a warmer sound.
- Improved analogue input: a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables.
- Improved EQ, fader and clip controls for smoother mixes
The DJM-900NXS2 has more nuanced frequency and volume controls for smoother, more dynamic mixing:
- Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control.
- New EQ curves: even more precision across the highs, mids and lows.
- More accurate clip indicator: a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.
- Peak limiter: minimises distortion even at high volumes.
- More detailed control of a wealth of FX plus an independent Send/Return
The DJM-900NXS2’s FX and their controls have been completely redesigned to deliver detailed levels of manipulation:
- 6 Sound Colour FX:
- New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp
- New parameter knob: alters different parameters for each effect.
- Bigger knobs: for more nuanced control of all sound colour FX.
- 14 Beat FX:
- New FX: Ping Pong, Vinyl Brake, Helix, Pitch, improved Reverb.
- Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen: more easily see and toggle FX and change parameters.
- FX Frequency: choose which frequency range to apply effects to.
- Channel selection LED: know at a glance which channels you’re applying Beat FX to.
- Independent Send/Return: connect external hardware and software to use alongside the internal FX. InterApp support means you can use FX/Instrument apps on your iPad – for example the virtual RMX-1000 app.
- Two USB ports, 4 Phono Inputs and DVS support for total flexibility and seamless DJ handovers
The DJM-900NXS2 has a multitude of inputs to give you total freedom to mix with the source of your choice:
- 2 USB ports and a top-loaded input switcher: for seamless DJ handovers between different PCs/Macs.
- DVS control: use turntables/players to control rekordbox DJ performance software via the rekordbox dj DVS Plus Pack (coming soon).
- 4 Phono Inputs: connect up to 4 turntables to channels 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Pro DJ Link via LAN or USB for even more scope and flexibility
Use Pro DJ Link to connect up to 4 players and share one source, see detailed rekordbox information and unlock a number of advanced features including Quantize. You can also connect a PC/Mac with just one USB cable to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software with all 4 players.
- High quality, rugged build for professional use
The DJM-900NXS2 is built for the rigours of professional use.
- Magvel Fader: highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability.
- 2 headphone plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin
Gold-plated RCAs: for premium sound quality on all connections
The DJM-900NXS will be available from February 2016 at the indecent price of 2.299€, including VAT.