As expected, Pioneer just refresh his products’ collection with “a giant leap into the future”. Unveiling today the CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2. The result of years of feedback from DJs of every genre, the latest additions deliver the highest possible sound quality, finely tuned features and unprecedented levels of control.
Pioneer gave the CDJ-2000NXS2 a 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and added FLAC/Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC) support – paving the way for more producers to create music in this top quality format. As we guess few days ago, DJs can now also browse and select track easily and in a hugely intuitive way through the high-res touch screen including a Qwerty keyboard and Track Filter search.The new Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2 player. 2015 – Credits : Pioneer DJ
The screen also packs in a multicoloured wave display, more detailed rekordbox™ information and instant access to all the most popular features. The player now has 2 banks of 4 Hot Cues – 8 in total. And, if that isn’t enough, you can connect the DDJ-SP1 controller to add even more Hot Cues and loops and control four players from one device using Pro DJ Link.
NEW FEATURES OF THE CDJ-2000NXS2
- Enhanced, next generation sound with support for FLAC/ALAC files
Every aspect of the CDJ-2000NXS2’s sound design has been fine-tuned to produce a crisper, clearer sound and support the highest quality formats:
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card: high-res sound reproduction with no loss of quality.
- FLAC and ALAC support: play with the highest quality formats.
- Improved Digital Out: ensures a detailed reproduction of high-res audio.
- 32-bit D/A converter: eliminates distortion and noise on analogue sources.
- Separate analogue power supply: reduces unwanted noise.
- Full-colour touch screen with faster browsing and more detailed track information
The CDJ-2000NXS2 has a high resolution, 7-inch touch screen, and adds a host of features for faster browsing and more intuitive performances:
- Track Filter mode: use the touch screen to filter tracks by rekordbox information such as BPM, key or My Tags.
- Keyword search: bring up the Qwerty keyboard to search for tracks by name.
- Multicoloured wave display: full-colour wave form and Wave Zoom.
- Needle Countdown: touch a point in the track to see how many beats away it is.
- Shortcut button: instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
- Expanded performance features for even greater possibilities and creativity
The CDJ-2000NXS2 builds on its predecessor’s most popular features – including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Hot Cue Auto Load – and takes it up a gear with:
- 8 colour-coded Hot Cues: two banks of four Hot Cues deliver even more choice and control in the mix. Either set the cues and colours in rekordbox or use the simplified workflow to set them on-the-fly.
- MIDI controller interface: connect the DDJ-SP1 add-on controller with one USB cable to control up to 4 CDJ-2000NXS2s using Pro DJ Link – giving you instant access to more Hot Cues, loops, slip mode and browsing.
- Fractional beat Quantize: choose between ⅛, ¼ and ½ beat Quantize for more precision and versatility.
- Pro DJ Link enables even more features
Pro DJ Link lets you share one source across up to four players and unlocks a host of information and features such as Beat Sync and Beat Countdown. Now we’ve added:
- More detailed Phase Meter: see the track’s progression through the bar, beats and between the beats.
- Improved beat grids: beat grids are now accurate to the microsecond, exactly matching the rekordbox beat grid for total reliability over the course of a mix.
- Quantized Beat Jump: jump backwards or forwards 1 beat from the current playback position.
- See full rekordbox track information including NEW colour-coded Memory Cues
As always, you can analyse and prepare your tracks in rekordbox and view vital information on the player’s screen, including BPM, Beat Countdown and Phase Meter. New to the CDJ-2000NXS2 are Memory Cues, which let you name a cue, e.g. ‘my breakdown’, give it a colour, and then see that information on the CDJ-2000NXS2’s screen.
- Other features
- Supports rekordbox dj HID control – a rekordbox dj add-on that will be available soon.
- Three-position lever for Slip Reverse, Forward and Reverse.
- Multicoloured USB port light: shows a colour you’ve pre-set in rekordbox (e.g. blue for a techno USB stick) when you plug the USB stick in.
The CDJ-2000NXS2 will be available from February 2016 at the indecent price of 2.299€, including VAT.